Thursday, April 12, 2012

2 days or 3 days in Sarajevo

Would love some advice: have a two week holiday in croatia and bosnia coming up and we%26#39;re definitely visiting sarajevo (very end of August) for some period of time.





However, we%26#39;re not really sure whether to stay for 3 nights or 2 in terms of what there is to do - any advice would be gratefully received!





Tricky.




|||



Hi.





It depends on what you want to do. :)





I recommend these sites for more info:



http://www.sonar.ba/



http://www.bhtourism.ba/eng/region1.wbsp





If you have any particular questions, I%26#39;ll be happy to answer them for you.





Jasmina




|||





I am planning a 7 days trip to Bosnia Hercegovina and Croatia. I am interested in natural beauties and historical places especially Ottoman.





My route will be Sarajevo - Travnik- Poticely - Mostar - Dubrovnik - Kotor - Sarajevo.





Is there any place I miss in terms of my interests ?



Is my program difficult to realize in 7 days ?





thanks,




|||



I think you chose an interesting combination. It might turn out difficult, but not impossible to see all these places in 7 days. Travnik is a bit out of your way, but definitely worth seeing.





My suggestion would be the following:





Day 1: Sarajevo (Old Town)



Day 2: Travnik (Old Town, Fortress, Blue Water, Mosque with the lovely flowers - I don%26#39;t know it%26#39;s name)



Day 3: Mostar (The Bridge and Old Town)



Day 4: visit Pocitelj (it%26#39;s not so big, you can see it in 1-2 hours and even take some time to sit and enjoy the view) on your way to Dubrovnik, get to Dubrovnik



Day 5: Dubrovnik (I%26#39;d definitely take the tour of the walls, maybe Lokrum island if you have time, enjoy dinner by the sea)



Day 6: Kotor (it%26#39;s in Montenegro actually) - haven%26#39;t been here so I don%26#39;t have any recommendations



Day 7: Sarajevo (if you have time, see Spring of Bosnia, maybe you can do that on first day and see the Old Town last day)





If you have more questions or need more advices, feel free to contact me.



Good luck and welcome to Bosnia %26amp; Herzegovina, I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll like it.



Jasmina




|||



We visited Bosnia Hercegovina and Croatia between 1-7, September. It was a very nice trip. We hired a car from Sarajevo, visited; Travnik, Split, Trogir ( 2 nights), wonderful Dalmatia coast, Dubrovnik (1 night), Cavtat (stayed 1 night),Poticely, Mostar, Sarajevo (3 nights).





We stayed in Holiday Inn hotel in Sarajevo and like it.





People are helpful in both countries.





A funny event we faced was ;





While driving from Travnik to Split in Bosnia Hercegovina I was driving fast and police stopped us. I told him that we are tourists coming from Turkey. He smiled and said %26#39;%26#39;haydi haydi%26#39;%26#39; which is same in Turkish and let us go without paying the fine.





We wish a good future for Bosnia Hercegovina people.



I hope they will prove that they can live together despite religional differencies. But I think it will not be easy. Because Serbs is hanging Serbia flags and Croats are hanging Croatia flag to their balconies. They don%26#39;t want to hang Bosnia Hercegovina flag. I hope I am wrong.




|||



Yes I did not see one Bosnia-Herzegovina flag when we were there, but did see many Croatian flags.




|||



I%26#39;m glad you had a nice time here. :)





About the flags, you are right. This is because many Bosnians who are catholics call them selves Croatians and think of Croatia as their country and many Bosnians who are orthodox christians call them selves Serbs and think of Serbia as their country, although in most cases their families have lived in Bosnia%26amp;Herzegovina for centuries. It%26#39;s a problem of identity which they compensate by hanging these flags. Bosnians who know what they are don%26#39;t need to hang a Bosnian flag to show it. I don%26#39;t think you even saw a flag of Bosnian muslims, under which they fought in the last war, which is different than the official one. This is because Bosnian muslims mostly want peace and prosperity and want to put bad things behind, unlike the individuals who hang other country%26#39;s flags, under which they killed people just a decade ago.





I know that in Turkey, national pride is shown on every step with the flag. In Bosnia%26amp;Herzegovina, even the official flags have only caused troubles, because of the problem described above.





I too hope that all religions and atheists in this country will once consider themselves Bosnians or Herezgovians and be proud of their nation and country, but it%26#39;s still a long way to go.




|||



In which city you are living ? Are you Bosniak, Croat or Serb ?




|||



I live in Sarajevo and I%26#39;m Bosniak, but I don%26#39;t see what that has to do with anything. :)




|||



My best love and regards to you :)



My heart is with Bosniaks.



If you sent your e-mail we can talk more.




|||



So does anyone fly the %26quot;new%26quot; Bosnian Flag, the blue and yellow one with all of the stars? And I do hope that you are right, that someday everyone can fly the flag of Bosnia and not worry about their ethnicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment