Thursday, April 12, 2012

Medjugorje

We%26#39;re planning of renting a car from Rome to Medjugorje this coming September. Will there be a problem road wise? How long will it take from Rome to Medjugorje? Thx...






|||



The viamichelin.com website says that the trip would be 1266 km and would take 13+ hours. Looks like most of the trip would be done on motorways. For the most part in Croatia you could take their toll road, which will really cut down the time taken to get there.




|||



Barry Manilow posts here? Wow.





Anyway, there is a ferry that runs from Ancona, Italy to Split, Croatia. That will save you some driving time - and with the cost of fuel, the price might be competitive.





I believe there are other ferries as well, though you will have to investigate.





Expedia.com has a few good maps for driving directions, and I have always found it a good place to start when making driving vacation plans.




|||



I think taking the ferry to Split is a great suggestion!




|||



I don%26#39;t know why, but I love ferries, and any time I can take a ferry, I do. I%26#39;ll even drive extra so I can take a ferry.





The only reason I knew anything about this one, is because I%26#39;m planning on doing the same trip in February. Though, I%26#39;m relying on public transport: air to Rome, train to the coast, ferry to Split, and bus to Medjugorje.





I also love being in countries where one can take public transport to anywhere in the country.




|||



HI



I read you post and everything is helpful..



what do you recomend me



how to go from Medjugorje to duvrobnik on one day and medjugorje to mostar on day,,



where can i have more imnformation on public transportation or you recomend me to rent a car,,,please i will be in medjugorje Nov 26 to Dic. 3, 2008..thanks and God bless you,,





Vicky




|||



VickyCalifornia,





Here are two sites that I found helpful.





wikitravel.org/en/Bosnia_and_Herzegovina





www.bosniatravel.net





The BosniaTravel site has some good links in the lower right-hand corner.




|||



From Medjugorje to Dubrovnik you have bus every day at 6:00 am and it comes to Dubrovnik about 10am





From Dubrovnik to Medjugorje you have bus every day at 5:15pm and it comes to Medjugorje about 9pm





It cost about 15 euro for person in one way







From Medjugorje to Mostar and back you have many buses during a day. It is about 35 min driving with bus





Taxi Medjugorje - Dubrovnik is 130 euro



Medjugorje - Mostar is about 30 euro




|||



The best way for a trip to Medjugorje is Via Mostar airport with only 20 minutes away.



Currently they have some carter flights from Ireland but I am sure they will have flights in summer of 09.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, October 05, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment