Thursday, April 12, 2012

Shopping in Sarajevo?

I will be visiting Sarajevo soon for the first time and wondering if there are any %26quot;must buys%26quot; that I should watch out for. I am going mostly for sight-seeing and history, but being a shopper at heart, I%26#39;d like to see what%26#39;s a %26quot;gotta-have%26quot; from this city. I heard somewhere that leather goods are a good deal here. Is this true?





Thank you in advance for all input!




|||



Hmmm...





A tough one for me, since I%26#39;m not much of a shopper.





I don%26#39;t know about leather, because I don%26#39;t wear it. I%26#39;d recommend hand-made jewelry and jewelry boxes, chess, ibriks (zemaljskimuzej.ba/images/…7ibrik.jpg) - all can be found at Bascarsija, carpets (there%26#39;s a good Persian carpet shop at Morica Han). That%26#39;s about it, at least that I can remember right now.





I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll learn once you get here that Sarajevo and whole Bosnia %26amp; Herzegovina is more about what you take in your heart and memories with you than the material things that you can buy.





Good luck and welcome to B%26amp;H.



Jasmina




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, October 08, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment