Thursday, April 12, 2012

Transportation to and from Mostar

Hi all,





I am going to be working as a volunteer in Mostar this Summer. I will be flying from London and am not sure whether to fly to Dubrovnik or Split- I will then to travel onto Mostar by public transport. Or, alternatively, whether there is an alternative place to fly to, if there is a better option.





Basically I would be very grateful to know which is the easier, shorter and cheaper journey? If anyone could give me an idea of costs, time lengths and how straightforward this plan is, I would be very grateful! I am travelling on my own so would wuite like a plan before I go!





Best wishes





Jess




|||



You can fly to Dubrovnik, Split or Sarajevo





I find this on internet:



From Split to Mostar:6am, 9:30am, 4pm, 5pm.



Ride takes about 3.5 or 4 hours and it cost 15 - 20 euro





From Dubrovnik to Mostar: 8am, 3:15pm, 5:15pm.



Ride takes about 3 hours and it cost also 15 -20 euro





From Sarajevo to Mostar you have bus almost every 1.5 or 2 hours every day, I0m not sure about price but I think it is about 10 euro.



ride takes about 2.5 hours





From Sarajevo is easiest to come to Mostar but I think flights from London are cheaper to Dubrovnik or Split, becouse I know that many pilgrims who coming to Medjugorje they come also first to Dubrovnik or Split and then with bus or taxi to Medjugorje.




|||



I don%26#39;t think there%26#39;s a direct flight from London to Sarajevo, you%26#39;d probably go over Wienna.





I guess all three land transportation options (from Sarajevo, Dubrovnik, Split) are about the same in price and length (although Sarajevo-Mostar has by far the best scenery in my opinion), so I%26#39;d choose the best flight from London (the cheapest and/or direct one).




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 pm, October 18, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment