Thursday, April 12, 2012

How to get to Medjugorje from split

How can I get to Medjugorje from Split airport?I believe the taxi fare is approx £200 think this is one way and not return.Is there a bus,I read there is one a day at 5 20pm and it is 3 hours journey please does anyone know what is the best way to get there,I do not speak the language and I will be alone,so little worried.I was going with a tour group on 1st Oct but I wont to go at an other date to this as I am working at that date.It seems difficult to get there,and I wont to be sure if buses are going there,taxi is too expensive for me,could I get any sort of transfer,does anyone know of any please?Christine




|||



Yes you have bus from Split to Medjugorje every day at 6am, 10:55am, 5pm and 5:20pm



It is about 3 and a half hours journey and it cost about 15 Euro in one way




|||



Hello Chrissyangel to add a little to Robi04%26#39;s post from the airport you need to catch the bus to the main bus station which is opposite the Docks. English is spoken by the ticket office staff at the main bus station.the bus station accept croatian kuna only no sterling ,euro or us dollars there is a bureau de change next door to the bus ticket office so changing money should be no problem.the bus journey takes 3 to 3.5 hours . take a snack and a drink with you . when we went to medjugorje we arrived at split and had a long time to wait for the bus we asked at the queue if anyone else was heading to medjugorje there were 2 american ladies oing so we shared the cost of a cab which was 150 euro taxi took 2.5 hours




|||



Thanks everyone for info,Im actually going with tour group on 1st Oct,but I would like to go again later on my own. Was it really nice there,would you both go again?I have read a few bad and good reviews on Medjugorje,but I do believe myself,would love to hear of your experience there.Thanks and God bless you all.Love Chrissy




|||



Hello again Chrissyangel.we loved every minute of our 5 days in Medjugorje. we were a little nervous as we were travelling alone and it was our first time there.but we found everyone there very friendly and helpful .lot%26#39;s of the locals speak english and there are quite a few good places to eat . we climbed cross mountain ,attended a couple of talks given by one of the visionaries.went to apperition hill.attended mass and blessed sacrament every day .confession was heard outside in many different languages it was just great and look forward to going back .if you have any concerns that i can help you with please do not hesitate to ask .....yours ...Daniel




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, October 07, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment