Thursday, March 29, 2012

Accommodation in Medjugorje

I am travelling from Dubrovnik to Medjugorje in June with my elderly Father. I read there is a bus that can get us there. Does anyone know the cost and if I would need to book ahead.





I have also read on some of the accommodation in Medjugorje but I am after basic rooms but comfortable beds walking distance to St James Church. I am concerned that the older accommodation may not have comfortable bedding.





Does anyone have some suggestions.





Regards



Diane




|||



When I have been to Medjugorje with my family, we always traveled with a pilgrimage and stayed in either one of the seers homes or neighbors of theirs. I had no idea as to what to expect on my first trip. Once we arrived, we had a room with 3 cots, that had very thin and hard matresses. It was also in the summer, so hot there as well. I have chronic pain and insomnia, so when I sat on my bed I could only imagine how sore I would be the next day if I could sleep at all. The graces are flowing so much in Medjugorje that I not only slept like a log, but awoke and was not at all sore from the very hard bed. It has been the same way all three times my family and I were blessed enough to make the pilgriamge! I would check withof the pilgrimages, you get good prices and folks to share your experiences with.




|||



Thank you for your reply. I am about to book into a pansion that is nea St james Church. I have found some sites that book accommodation and I will after my trip I will post some info on the place we stay in. I am not so concerned about comfort for myself but for my Father who is 83.





Thanks again for your reponse.



Dianne




|||



You are most welcome. I hope your stay there is blessed! It is wonderful your father is going there with you. There are many miracles that pilgrims there sometimes encounter.:) There is a restaurant very close to St James called Colombos, it is excellent and inexpensive. I am not sure if Medjugorje is as crowded due to the economic conditions as it was perviously. Have a safe trip and a wonderful stay!XD




|||



Diane: Croatia Mir Center will be able to help. With any need or transportacion,, e mail them clegcevic@yahoo.com his name is Carlos. Taxis are low cost hotel two hearts have rooms for elderlu with elvators brand new place. for more info...virginia_prieto@yahoo.com




|||



Thank you for your reply. I appreciate the information you have given me and I will email to get further info. Will let you know how I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment