Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Flying from Ireland to Sarajevo

Can anyone suggest the best route to fly to Sarajevo from Ireland, via Vienna? any advice please.




|||



Hey,



I%26#39;m flying from Frankfurt Hahn to Osijek and getting a train down from there. The flight was only 40€. I just started a new post to find out about the trains but from what I read in other forums, they run quite regularly to Sarajevo and take about 5hrs and are quite cheap. Try skyscanner.net for other flight routes.





Shane




|||



Thank you for advice. we are not travelling until next year- a group of 25 so we will keep looking.




|||





It may not suit you but you may want to consider Aer Lingus direct to Dubrovnik (lovely city) and then a bus to Sarajevo. I reckon it is 4-6 hours by bus though.





Otherwise I don%26#39;t know any cheap way to get to Sarajevo.




|||



To be honest the easiest way for you would be to fly directly to Sarajevo (SJJ) via Vienna (VIE) from Dublin (DUB), it might not be cheap, just think of a hassle arriving on one destination and then some 5-8 hours on the bus. I am regular traveller to SJJ from Birmingham UK (every 4-5 moths) via Munich with Lufthansa once or twice via Vienna, and you will be there in no time. I have considered flying my self to Dubrovnik or Split few times, as it is cheaper, but then I could not face another 6 or so hours on the bus, it’s just not worth it. Check flights from Ireland via Munich, as there are 2 flights daily to Sarajevo. I usually leave Birmingham at 7am and I am in Sarajevo for Midday (11am GMT).





Check my other post regarding the taxi service from the airport. Welcome to Bosnia.

No comments:

Post a Comment