Tuesday, March 27, 2012

cheapest transport from kotor to mostar in bosnia

I am travelling as 1 adult and 4 teenagers aged 14 to 17 years old to Kotor, Montenegro for 1 week at the end of July 2009. We would all like to visit Mostar in Bosnia, Dubronvik in Croatia and Shkoder in Albnania as a day trip for each location. What is the quickest and cheapest way to travel to these places? Do you think it would be better to go by taxi as we can all split some of the cost?





Can someone let me know, so that I can plan ahead, or maybe go with a tour guide?





Many thanks




|||



www.libertasdubrovnik.hr has buses from Kotor to Dubrovnik.



From Dubrovnik there are regular buses to Mostar every day.



It is a long drive, best part of 4 hrs.



To get to Shkoder, best/easiest way is to get bus from Kotor to Ulcinj and there are lots of minibuses/furgons wich can take you across the border to Shkoder.



Dubrovnik %26amp; Shkoder are good for day trips, but not Mostar as is too far way and it is long drive by bus.



Instead I sugest you do day trip to Trebinje in Bosna %26amp; Hercegovina not far a way from Dubrovnik. Trebinje is lovely preserved Ottoman town.



Well worth visiting.



Also there is regular bus from Kotor to Trebinje.




|||



Dear NLgirl06





Many thanks for your reply. This has really helped me and I think I will have to give Mostar a miss this time, but I will be visiting Split in August so I beleive Mostar is only about 2-1/2 hours away?




|||



Yes it is closer.



You will have to go via Imotski.



Split to Mostar is 112km.



But there are regular buses. Have a good trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment