Thursday, March 29, 2012

general questions

Hi ,





I am thinking of going to Sarajevo in 1 weeks time. It is proving really difficult to get info about the place (hardly any detailed guidebooks available). I have one or two questions about sarajevo.





I have heard that there are lots of expats and UN staff/soldiers in Sarajevo. If so I am sure they are fulfilling a really important function, but I don%26#39;t really fancy a trip spent just meeting other foreigners. Are Sarajevans (is this the correct term?) still open to interacting with tourists?



The other question I have is about skiing. Will there still be snow in early march? Are the resorts still open?







Any advice greatly appreciated



thanks




|||



Hello there.





I didn%26#39;t know it%26#39;s difficult to find info about Sarajevo. I saw quite a few guidebooks that looked pretty good in bookstores here, maybe the problem is that they aren%26#39;t available abroad?





Sarajevans (I believe this is the correct term, although I think I never quite thought about it, which is funny :)) are very open to interacting with just about anyone, so don%26#39;t worry about that. I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll be able to meet some local people.





I don%26#39;t ski myself, so I%26#39;m not an expert in this field, but I doubt you%26#39;ll be able to ski, because these last couple of days have been warmer. But the forecast says it might snow next weekend, so there%26#39;s still a chance to have some snow for skiing next week. The resorts will still be open I think.





If you have any more questions, I%26#39;ll be glad to help. Have a nice trip.





Jasmina




|||



I am originally from the US and found Sarajevans and all Bosnians for that matter to be extremely friendly and welcoming people. Don%26#39;t think I bumped into one expat while I was in Sarajevo.




|||



hi guys,





thanks for the replies...they have been really helpful. It all sounds really positive...





I have just under a week to stay in the sarajevo area...would you recommend I spend a 1-2 days in the ski areas eg bjelasnica? (ie. are they completely dead at night)





I am thinking of maybe renting an apartment/flat . Someone has previously posted the site www.sobe.ba on tripadvisor , as far as you know should this be ok?





thanks again







I am really looking forward to getting to sarajevo now!




|||



I wouldn%26#39;t recommend spending more than a few hour%26#39;s field trip in the mountains, since the ski season is over and you%26#39;re right, there%26#39;s not much going on in the night up there.





I posted a link to www.sobe.ba, it seams ok to me. :)




|||



Yes, you can stay couple days in the ski areas. You have hotels and other accommodation on Bjelasnica, Igman and Jahorina.





There is still plenty of snow and you can enjoy even by night.



If it is not enough for you, Sarajevo is not too far (about 30min driving) and you can find some fun for any night and go back.





I have no detail info about sobe.ba




|||



Of course, snow will not wait for you - if you coming, do it in next week or two!






|||



HI all,





thanks again for the replies. I was in Sarajevo last week and had a great time. The ski-ing conditions were perfect , though Jasmina you are quite correct in saying the resorts are dead at night!!





best wishes



pedro




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 21, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment