Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sarajevo in One Day

Hi All,





I will spend around 8 days in Bosina and Croatia.





Due to limited time and the routings, I will travel to Mostar (Bosina) from Dubrovnik and visit Sarajevo as a day-trip from Mostar.





I am planning to travel to Sarajevo from Mostar by the morning train and returned by the evening one, therefore I just got 1 day in Sarajevo.





Would all of you can suggest what are some %26quot;must-see%26quot; places in Sarajevo in such a short period of time.





In addition, I want to take some photos that can capture the overview of the city from height. Where can I take such pictures in Sarajveo?





thanks!




|||



Hi.





You could start at Skenderija and head for the Old Town - stopping by the monuments you like on the way (Art Academy, The Post, Titova street, The Fire, churches, synagogue, mosques, the Library, Sebilj...) finishing with cevapi. :)





For the overview of the city, I%26#39;d climb White Fortress (Bijela tabija) - that way you can see another monument and take the photos at the same time, or if it%26#39;s too far away for you, then Jekovac (it%26#39;s the hill right above Kovaci cemetary) which offers a good view of the Old Town.





Have a nice trip.



Jasmina




|||



Thanks for your reply!





Would you please offer more details regarding the method of access to Bijela tabija and Jekovac (it%26#39;s the hill right above Kovaci cemetary) as I could not find them on the map that is in my hand.. Are they near the city centre or else I need to take any transportation?





Thanks again!




|||



Sure.





I actually suggested these because they are close to the Old Town. I took a map from www.navigator.ba/maps/sarajevo/dispmap.php and draw you a map, you can download it from here: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/410/mapj.gif





You can go to Bijela Tabija by bus number 51. I marked its first (number 1 on the map) station, right behind Sebilj, across the street and last (number 2 on the map) station near Bijela Tabija. You can also go by foot, but it%26#39;s uphill so I never did. :) There%26#39;s also a little restaurant nearby (see http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294450-d1077853-Reviews-Bijela_Tabija_Restaurant-Sarajevo.html). I haven%26#39;t tried it, but I like the review and might give it a chance soon myself.





Jekovac is closer, as you can see on the map. I go there by foot. I actually have this ritual for summer days when it%26#39;s warm - I grab a pizza in Kovaci (famous Mahir%26#39;s pizza, near the cemetery) and climb up to Jekovac to eat it with a view. It%26#39;s especially nice in the afternoon, as Aksam prayers start in the mosques down in the city.





Hope it helps. :)




|||



Its really a detail and nice reply, thank you for your information!




|||



%26gt;I actually have this ritual for summer days when it%26#39;s %26gt;warm - I grab a pizza in Kovaci (famous Mahir%26#39;s %26gt;pizza, near the cemetery) and climb up to Jekovac to %26gt;eat it with a view. It%26#39;s especially nice in the %26gt;afternoon, as Aksam prayers start in the mosques down %26gt;in the city.





Same :-))))))))))))





The best!

No comments:

Post a Comment