Friday, March 23, 2012

Mostar

I drove to Mostar by car from England in July 2009 with the idea of going to Pansion Rose. Their website says, quote:-%26quot;just a couple of minutes from the core of the old town and Old bridge. %26quot; This is patently untrue - not just a bit of exageration from a fast walker. I checked up when I got home and Google Earth measures it in a straight line at three quarters of a KILOMETRE ! - and, of course, you can%26#39;t walk in a dead straight line, that makes it more than a kilometre!!!! It%26#39;s also on the busy dual carriageway Mostar bypass. I hate misleading information, and this really was misleading, not just an opinion. I had a lucky escape and instead drove on up the road to Villa Anri, which really is a couple of minutes from the old town AND has the benefit of a veiw of the brideg from balconies and the roof terrace - See my review on Villa Anri on



tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g295388-d1493…




|||



Hi.





I%26#39;m always very sorry to hear things like these because I%26#39;d like everyone to enjoy Bosnia and Herzegovina%26#39;s true soul and to take only good memories home.





Did you also consider writing a review for the Pansion Rose? I presume you%26#39;re not very comfortable with writing bad reviews, but I believe other travellers would appreciate if someone told them these facts in advance, just to avoid the troubles you had and they%26#39;re more likely to look for them on the review page of the hotel than here in the forum.





I hope you had a nice time in Mostar in spite of these inconviniences. :)





Jasmina




|||



Thanks for your concern but we had a great time and will return - we have been to BiH often and never had a problem enjoying it. I tried to write a review on Pansion Rose, but the editors of the website said it was only really for people who have actually stayed in a place and of course, I didn%26#39;t. They suggested I use the forum, so that%26#39;s why my review appears there.



Regards



Chris




|||



Ah, ok than. I was under the impression that you stayed there a day or two before moving to Villa Anri, I don%26#39;t know why. :)





I%26#39;m glad to hear the rest of the trip was good and that you%26#39;ll be back.





Jasmina




|||



I see you have added many posts and are based in Sarajevo -are part of the tourist industry? If so, cna you have Pansion Rose%26#39;s website changes to tell the truth about the distance from the old town? In England we have the Advertising Standards Authority, who can order a change if it is misleading.





Chris




|||



I%26#39;m not in the tourist industry, but even if I was, I probably couldn%26#39;t do anything about it, because I doubt there%26#39;s such authority (or any law for that matter) in B%26amp;H.





But I%26#39;ll ask around.





Jasmina

No comments:

Post a Comment