Friday, March 23, 2012

Bosnia for an Indian Girl

Hello everyone,





I really want to visit Bosnia, but keep getting told that it%26#39;s not a safe place to visit, for an Indian girl.





I%26#39;ve been to Eastern Europe before (Prague and Hungary) and absolutely loved it. My dark brown skin did attract a lot of attention whilst I was out there, but it was only because people had never seen anyone as dark as me. Even then the response people gave me was positive.





So, I just wanted to ask, is Bosnia a safe place for an Indian girl?






|||



hi vaishyv!





I think that Bosnia is perfectly safe for an Indian, or for that matter any girl, as long as you take reasonable measures while traveling, meaning you trust your instincts! Bosnia is no different than other Eastern European countries you have visited. There will be some curious looks etc. but the people are generally very hospitable and nice. Stick to Sarajevo and/ or Mostar and you will be fine and you will have a great time!





If you need some tips let me know!!




|||



Hanimuners, thank you SO much for your help.





Will most definitely visit Mostar and Sarajevo.





Can%26#39;t wait to start planning my trip now :)




|||



when are you going wee are going to medjugoria on the4th oct for 7days




|||



Hey Dorryann,





I won%26#39;t be able to visit Bosnia until May 2010 now, as I%26#39;ve just recently got back from Bali and Malaysia, and spent far too much money out there.





My Aussie friend recently got back from Bosnia, and said she loved it.





I really want to visit Mostar and Sarajevo. Have you been to these either of these cities? If you have, what did you think of them?





Have a lovely trip :)




|||



Hi Vaishyv





Pack your bags, and go!





I am of the same complexion as yourself, and encountered the same looks you referred to that you got while in Prague and Hungary. However, what surprised most Bosnians was that I was a middle-aged English speaking female, travelling on her own!





I felt very safe traveling on my own, and travelled through all 4 seasons. I would advise to be on alert for the beggars, especially the mum with the baby, and the small children!





My first visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina (B %26amp; H) was in February 2007, and I travelled there between February 2007, and January of this year. I fell in love with B %26amp; H as soon as I stepped off the bus (I had travelled from Dubrovnik to Sarajevo), and have spent over a year travelling in and out as I used Sarajevo as a base. I always stay in Bašèaršija (Turkish Quarters - Sebilj Fountain is the landmark). Leaving the stuff I didn’t need, I was able to travel with just a medium size backpack, and hop on the bus to Serbia, Croatia, Austria, Kosovo, Montenegro etc. or take the train to Budapest, or connect in Belgrade to many other countries.





Bosnians are very friendly, and eager to practice their English. I have made many a friend while there and actually head back in April next year.





Make sure you visit Mostar, Srebrenica and Medjugorie.





This is a good website:



http://www.sarajevo.ba/en/stream.php?kat=157





Have a great time in B %26amp; H!!





Lesley




|||



Lesley, thank you so much for all the tips and info.





I feel much happier knowing another solo female traveller found B%26amp;H a safe place to visit :)




|||



Hi Vaishyv you will be just fine.I am travelling to Split on 22nd Oct alone,I went last year but with group but it seems nice place and no one bothered us at all.Please try to visit Medjugorje that is were I am going,it is beautiful place peaceful,and the people are so nice and friendly. You can get bus ticket at bus station for about £13 it takes about 3 hrs travel,or you can get taxi 0038736651518 Mobile number is 0038763834012. People from all over the world go there and the people are use to people from India and other countries that go there.It is a Holy place,were six children in 1981 had apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary,and still do today thats mostly why so many people go there,any religion is accepted,the villagers are mostly catholic,with Muslims not far from the place too,but everyone is welcome,tourist as well as pilgrims or just curious. Some good eating places there,one being Columbos.If you need any more info plse let me no.Have wonderful time.God bless Chrissy.




|||



Chrissyangel, thank you for all that useful information on Medjugorje, it%26#39;s been very helpful.





Have a safe and lovely trip :)




|||



Hello,



I ve read your post and I really want to give you an honest answer because I am from Mostar. I am owner of the travel agency %26quot;Almira travel%26quot; and every year thousand and thousand of tourists are coming to visit this beautiful town, and they spend an excellent time here,and it is completely safe. For example last year I had a group from Reunion all black people,I can tell you that they didn%26#39;t attract attention, this has always been touristic town and we have seen people from all around the world. Hope to see you here next year, in this town of poetry and love so you can nice people, in a case that you need something feel free to contact me on my address- a.travel@bih.net.be and you can check my web site www.almira-.travel.ba




|||



Hey erinFRANCE,





Thank you so much for all the advice.





Can%26#39;t wait to visit your beautiful country now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment