Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Itinerary advice

I am travelling to Croatia and Bosnia in a couple of weeks starting in Split. My flight arrives quite late on the first night, so we are going to Split for 1 night. I then plan to travel to Bosnia the next day for 4 nights and then back to Dubrovnik for 4 nights. I would like to know how to split my 4 nights in Bosnia between Sarajevo and Mostar, 2-2 or 3-1.



Thanks in advance for any advice




|||



If it were me, I would spend two nights in Mostar and one two also in Sarajevo. I just think by the time you get to Mostar from Split part of that day will be gone, so you will have the entire next day to enjoy wandering around Mostar, then go on to Sarajevo the next day. Thats what I would do.




|||



That is an interesting itinerary. Having just visited Split, Mostar and Sarajevo in August, I will try to give you some perspective. First- I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll have an amazing time. Assuming you get into Mostar around late morning or early afternoon, I would say that you should spend a night in Mostar and head for Sarajevo in the afternoon the next day. Mostar is gorgeous and very, very interesting, but unless you have your own car to visit some of the surrounding areas, I would say there is not a TON to do there aside from taking in the amazing old part of the town and the bridge. Three nights in Sarajevo should give you a good opportunity to spend a day or two seeing the sights of Sarajevo and then some flexibility to take a day trip up into the surrounding mountains to see some of the villages and/or ski resorts, if that%26#39;s what you%26#39;re interested in.





Hope you have as incredible a time in Bosnia as I did!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, September 10, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment