Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sarajevo or Belgrade??

My friend and I, we%26#39;re both in college, are planning on spending some time in Eastern Europe this summer. We%26#39;ve devised two different itineraries, and cannot decide whether to go to Belgrade or Sarajevo.





Itinerary 1:



Sarajevo



Mostar



Split



Budapest



Prague





Itinerary 2:



Belgrade



Budapest



Split



Prague





Basically, we are debating whether to start in Sarajevo or Belgrade. Does anyone have any advice on this subject?





Thanks




|||



Not knowing much about Belgrade I would say go with plan 1. I have been to Mostar and that in itself would be worth the trip. I would also like to get to Sarajevo at some time also. Mostar is such a nice and beautiful place, take the time to get there.




|||



Definitely Sarajevo.... I was born there... You%26#39;ll have a lot of fun, I promise :)))




|||



I think it depends on where you put this question. I see that you put it also in the Serbia forums and there they are telling you to go to Belgrade. I still say Sarajevo and Mostar. Like I said before, nothing against Belgrade, but Mostar would be worth it for me. Plus I have read enough about the war in Sarajevo and it would be nice to see where all this happened. Just my thoughts. Have a great trip no matter which way you go.




|||



Depends on what you are looking for. Belgrade is the bigger city, with great shopping and nightlife. However, you will be able to get that in Budapest and Prague too. Sarajevo is more attractive in terms of history and architecture. Certainly in combination with Mostar, I think it would be a great trip. The trip from Sarajevo to Mostar is fantastic, along the beautiful Neretva river.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, August 29, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment