Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bus from Belgrade to Sarajevo

I also posted this in the Serbia forum. I am joining a walking trip for a week based in Split in late December/January and intend to go to Dubrovnik by myself for a day or two after that. I intend to spend 2 nights in Sarajevo and see Mostar. I am wondering whether it is feasible to spend a night in Belgrade before Sarajevo.





I am seeking information on timetables, length of trip, etc for bus trips from Belgrade to Sarajevo in the first half of January 2006. I would only plan to make the trip if the bus went through, and preferably stopped at, Visegrad, so I could see the bridge over the river Drina referred to in the famous book. Has anyone taken this trip or have any information, including what the conditions (comfort, cleanliness) on the buses are like in mid-winter?








|||



there is a bus sarajevo belgrade and visa versa. takes about 7 hours and in wintertime it could be longer because the weather-conditions



be aware that the roads in bosnia are not highways and avaerage travel speed by car is to be calculated at around 50 km





examples dubrovnik-sarajevo takes around 4 to 5 hours



sarejevo-mostar takes around 2 hours



sarajevo- visegrad around 3 hours





buses are of coarse slower





there are busconnections from sarajevo to nearly any town in bosnia



bus station is in the neighbourhood of the central railway station






|||



Dear Rop, thank you for your helpful reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment