Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sarajevo in a day

Hello,



next September I am going to Skopje (Macedonia) and I am looking for some information.





I am flying into Belgrade and then getting the train down to Skopje.





I am planning to set off from Skopje on the Sunday night, and would like to arrive early morning, spend all day in the city, and then get a train to Belgrade at night (which must get me into Belgrade before 10am!)





Any advice is most welcome.





Thanks





Clark




|||



Hmm, well I%26#39;d say you should spend the morning walking around downtown Sarajevo, explore the Bascarsija, grab lunch in town, check out some of the sites in town, go out to the Tunnel Museum in the late afternoon (though I%26#39;m not sure about their hours), then grab dinner at one of the restaurants overlooking the city in the evening. I%26#39;d recommend Park Princeva--it%26#39;s one of the pricier restaurants in town (entrees ~12 USD) but gives you a really incredible view of the city.





Sarajevo is an amazing place and simply spending time walking around, soaking it all in, and talking to people is a fantastic way to try to understand the city.




|||



Last March I took a night train from Belgrade to Skopje. Train left about 20:00 as I recall and arrived Skopje about 07:00 so your plan is a good one. Touristically, Skopje is not all that interesting so one day will be plenty. The market in the old town across the bridge is interesting and you can get good food there too, the museum there is interesting but takes very little time, beyond that you will have to ask around. I would guess you can easily catch a night train back to Belgrade.





I enjoyed the Irish pub near the Holiday Inn but that may have been because it was St Patrick%26#39;s day and they had live music. Dan




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, September 15, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment