Thursday, April 19, 2012

Srebrenica this Christmas

I%26#39;d like to visit Srebrenica this Christmas to do research for a Geography dissertation on refugee return.



I%26#39;m 24, female, English, and will be travelling with my fiancé. Fly to Sarajevo, hire a car, drive to Srebrenica...is this possible in December and January? How%26#39;s the road to Srebrenica and what%26#39;s the snowfall like? Can I find accommodation there? Most importantly, will locals want to share their stories with me?



I will be staying for two to three weeks. What%26#39;s the closest / most easily accessible %26#39;big%26#39; town? What%26#39;s eastern Bosnia like in winter?



Any ideas, suggestions, comments, advice, weblinks etc greatly appreciated...



Thanks




|||



Hi there!





I think you%26#39;ll be able to get a car in that period. I haven%26#39;t been to Srebrenica yet, but I think the road is good. It might get a bit tricky during the winter because of the snow, but I think you%26#39;ll be ok.





I have no idea about the accommodation, but I believe that locals would be more than happy to rent you a room, because the people over there are pretty poor and will embrace a chance to earn some extra money.





Now, about sharing the stories... By refugee return you mean Bosniaks refugee%26#39;s return, right? I think that people will be willing to share the stories if they feel your compassion and first of all, knowledge abot what happened there.





The cloeset towns are Sarajevo, Tuzla and Gorazde (which is pretty small itself). Eastern Bosnia is cold in winter.





I haven%26#39;t got any link simply because I haven%26#39;t found any. But if you seek any more particular information, post on this topic. I%26#39;ll be glad to help as much as I can.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 22, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment